\"People who do meaningful work are happier in their jobs and in life\" - World Happiness Report, 2016.
It's time to be happy at work! Join the Comfort Keepers team and help seniors in your community. You ll love our hands-on training, benefits, and family-oriented, compassionate people.
Apply today to become a part of our caregiver team in Traverse City, MI!
Caregiver Major Responsibilities:
- Provide general attention to the clients' non-medical needs in accordance with an established Plan of Care
- Provide companionship for the client including, but not limited to: talking and listening, reading aloud, providing social and emotional support. Promoting the client's mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest. Providing emotional support and promoting a sense of well-being.
- Provide a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members. Assist with light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client's garments and linens.
- Prepare and serve meals as directed. Ensure that dishes are washed and kitchen is clean after every meal.
- Assist client in completing necessary phone calls, letter writing, etc. Accompany clients on walks, community trips, doctor's appointments, bank, beauty salons, etc.
- Remind clients to take self-administered medications.
- Observe and report any changes in the client's mental and physical or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner
Personal Care Aide Major Responsibilities
- Performs duties as assigned on the personal care Service Plan.
- Assists the client in assisting with activities of daily living by providing any of the Comfort Keepers approved personal care activities including, but not limited to: bathing, dressing, toileting (including adult briefs), grooming, oral hygiene, ambulation, bathing, and feeding.
- Provides for a clean, safe, and healthy environment for clients and family members. Provides light housekeeping tasks including laundering of client's garments and linens and changing the bed.
- Assists in meeting nutritional needs by providing meal planning, meal preparation, grocery shopping, dishes, and kitchen clean-up.
- Assists the client with ambulation/transfers as specified in the Plan of Care.
- Reminds client to take self-administered medication.
- Observes and reports any changes in the client's mental, physical, or emotional condition or home situation to immediate supervisor in a timely manner.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and a professional relationship with clients, family members, and co-workers.
- Participates in in-service and continuing education programs, staff meetings, and client conferences as requested by immediate supervisor.
- Completed required documentation of services delivered and submits to office in a timely manner according to policy.
- Uses equipment and supplies safely and properly.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding client information.
- Other reasonable related duties as assigned
Call Ashley at 231-###-#### for more information or apply online at