The Mechanic Packagin sets up, troubleshoots, provides preventive maintenance and repair to packaging equipment in a manufacturing environment.
This is a 2nd shift position which runs from 3pm-11:30pm.
* Set-up, operation, cleaning, and repair of various packaging equipment, e.g. Bottle Filler, Bottle Unscrambler, Cartoners, Labelers, Powder Fillers, Stick pack machines, Induction Sealer, Labeler, Case Tapers, Tube filler, Bundlers etc. * Perform corrective and preventative maintenance aseptically * Troubleshoot major mechanical or electrical breakdowns. * Effectively communicate and multi task. * Respond to equipment faults and error messages, to assess potential product impact and act to identify and address root cause. * Identify improvement opportunities in given processes / procedures. * Maintain area orderly and clean during all operations. * Training of other Packaging Mechanics. * Assist in the design / redesign of process equipment as production requirements warrant. * Assist in quality investigations and CAPAs. * Other duties as assigned.
* 3+ years working in pharmaceutical manufacturing environment * Solid understanding of cGMP practices and concepts, SOP, Lock Out Tag Out, and OSHA regulations required * Ability to read, comprehend and follow SOPs written in English * General mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills necessary to diagnose, disassemble, repair and reassemble packaging equipment. * Knowledge of packaging equipment set-up, adjustments, and packaging documentation is preferred. * May be required to wear personal protective equipment including a PAPR * May be required to move items up to 35lbs * May be required to move about the facility * May be required to remain in an upright position for extended periods of time * Must be able to work overtime as needed. * Knowledge of Serialization, or SAP a plus. * EDUCATION:
* High school diploma /Trade School Required, * Equipment / Trouble Shooting Training desired. * * EXPERIENCE:
* Packaging or related experience is required. * Skills and experience in both mechanical and electrical systems. * Sterile Background a plus.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.