Independence Village of Plymouth
Caregiver (CNA, PCT, HHA)
Across every department, our staff are unanimous in their commitment to care. To put it simply: we value people. Our core values are centered around the belief that each individual has something special and unique to offer the world, and we embrace and appreciate it
A Resident Assistant is responsible for providing caring and personalized assistance for residents in a senior living community. Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Completion of daily/weekly tasks as assigned by the wellness coordinator as well as assisting others routinely with their assignments if needed.
- Will provide compassionate and competent care for residents by performing the following services:
- Bathing, showering and grooming assistance
- Serves and collects food trays; assist residents with dining
- Provides wheelchair and walking escorts
- Provides toileting and light incontinence care assistance
- Provides meal, activity, and medication reminders
- Provides wake up and turn down service
- Performs upkeep of resident rooms
- Answers resident call signals
- Other related duties as assigned
- Completes and documents appropriate records, including pertinent information entered into log book.
- Works scheduled shift but also provides flexibility and is open to helping other shifts if needed.
- Maintains knowledge of all safety and emergency procedures.
- Is knowledgeable of and abides by all company policies and procedures.
- Communicates with the Wellness Coordinator involving any concerns regarding resident care, treatment, or changes in behavior.
- Coordinates with the Wellness Coordinator and/or Lead Resident Assistant, resident s family or 911 when there is an emergency regarding a resident s condition, medication or treatment.
- Attends SHCS staff meetings, in-service programs, safety courses, and other required meetings.
- Stays up to date and knowledgeable of all departmental communication.
We break the mold of your typical workplace because we believe in YOU! We support you in being the best possible you. With a passion for our team members and those we serve, we believe in creating the absolute best experience with every person, in every interaction, every minute of every day.
Equal Opportunity Employer.